Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hello all.... I thought that today I would share a poem with you that I wrote about 6 months ago... I wrote it about my dad and me.

Its as if I saw

His last breath fly

-out into the universe


I saw it in the stars

In the wind it gently

-Evokes my tears


it slipped through my hands

as I leaned in to kiss it

- now I chase it


tackling the slow

melancholies of

-my memories


what was is now

as the child in me

-reaches out to grab


and push the breath

back in

-that it may never end


shoved down my throat

is the ache

-that is building its castle


it crumbles on me

while I search

-to find the remnants


of the picture

before it was ripped

-my tongue cries out


I lick each torn piece

Hands shaking

To put it back together


The gaze

Of each face before me

-Envelops my body


Lifts it to the moon

Where light thins into darkness

And the breeze brings me back

-my breath….

1 comment:

  1. Lisa--I found you!! Your writing is gorgeous...I am totally in awe of your depth. Please keep it up.

    Also--Tim Lowly was one of my professors in college! Who knew! His paintings of Temma are exquisite, aren't they? I'm so glad they are blessing you too.

    Big love!!!

    ReplyDelete