Saturday, January 15, 2011

April 18th



My womb is ripe

With words

Left unspoken


Tantalizing- it seems-

Holding the olive branch

Dangling, washing, rolling, cutting, suturing, ebbing, diving, flowing


Over me.


Take over me…

You whose life is pulsating within my being

Dragging me gently between the depths of dark and light


You are it.

Harrowing my earth with your promise

Tilling my broken soil to make way…


Above me.


Breaking through the clouds

Raining down…

The water


To glean the harvest

Of this life...

The memories that have left me


Return to me

In you.


As a Midwest storm

Through my childhood window

With a double rainbow.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, Lisa, Lisa....I miss you, but I love reading your words. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh lisa. God has given you the gift of words and the gift of a child, soon to be made even more known to you. we miss you too like lindsay. jake and i want to see you and andy as soon as we can. we'll be in seattle for a week or so after Feb 18. email me if you'll be around for dinner or tea. :) love, abby

    ReplyDelete